Before you know it, the 2023 calendar year, and by proxy the 2023 MIPS Performance Year, will come to a close. We’ve spent a lot of time this year going over changes to the MIPS programs, the various reporting and participation options available to you, performance categories, hardship exceptions and much more; HCIS knows how much work this can be, especially for a single clinician, and offers consulting and submission services for any of your MIPS needs. With that, here are the rest of the deadlines you should be aware of for 2023:
- November 30, 2023
- This is the last day you will be able to register to report a MIPS Value Pathway (MVP) for the 2023 Performance Year. MVPs are the latest reporting option, introduced into MIPS this year. You can see our blog post on how to register for an MVP here.
- After the release of the APM snapshot data in August, all MIPS eligibility for the 2023 Performance Year will be finalized by December.
- If you haven’t already, you can check your MIPS eligibility or QP determinations using the QPP Participation Status Tool.
- Initial eligibility for the 2024 Performance year will also roll out in December.
- December 31, 2023
- This is the final day of the 2023 Performance Year, which means participating clinicians will NO LONGER be able to collect MIPS data for PY23.
- If you plan to submit data for the Promoting Interoperability (PI) performance category, this is the deadline to complete the SAFER guide and the Security Risk Assessment (SRA).
- 2024 performance year virtual group election period closes at 11:59 p.m. ET, after which prospective applicants will no longer be able to submit, revise, or retract their elections.
- January 2, 2024
- At 8 p.m., the application window closes for QPP Exceptions. This is the deadline for anyone who wants to apply for a MIPS Extreme or Uncontrollable Circumstances (EUC) hardship exception or a Promoting Interoperability Performance Category hardship exception. If you want to learn more about MIPS hardship exceptions, you can read our blog post on the topic here.
- Data submission period opens for the 2023 Performance Year; clinicians will be able to begin submitting their PY23 data to CMS.
The submission window for PY23 is January 2 to April 1, 2024. HCIS offers MIPS consulting and submission services to all eligible clinicians; you can schedule a FREE 15-minute consultation here.