Quality Improvement Program - NJ
The Department of Health (DOH) announced that on May 20, 2021, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) approved the state directed payment authority for the first year of the Quality Improvement Program – New Jersey (QIP-NJ), which runs from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
QIP-NJ is a pay-for-performance (P4P) program which will support hospitals' quality improvement strategies to better support the maternal health and BH systems of care and quality of services provided in New Jersey.
What is QIP-NJ?
As stated on the New Jersey Department of Health Website, in order to support continued population health improvement across New Jersey, the Department of Health (DOH) has developed a hospital performance initiative called the Quality Improvement Program-New Jersey (QIP-NJ). QIP-NJ will be administered by DOH in conjunction with the Department of Human Services as a Medicaid pay-for-performance initiative open to all acute care hospitals in the state.
The focus of the program is to advance statewide quality improvements in maternal health and behavioral health. All acute care hospitals in New Jersey are eligible for QIP-NJ performance payments. Hospitals will earn QIP-NJ incentive payments through the achievement of performance targets on state-selected quality measures that demonstrate:
- Improvements in maternal care processes
- Reductions in maternal morbidity
- Improvements in connections to behavioral health services, and
- Reductions in potentially preventable utilization for the behavioral health population
When Did QIP-NJ Start?
The Department of Health (DOH) has developed and will implement a hospital performance initiative, QIP-NJ, effective July 1, 2021, as approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
QIP-NJ is administered by DOH in conjunction with the Department of Human Services (DHS) as a Medicaid pay-for-performance initiative open to all acute care hospitals in the state. Source: QIP-NJ Website
Are You Ready?
Our team will help you:
- Successfully make submission deadlines
- Maximize your financial incentives and minimize any penalties
- Identify your beneficiary population via claims and quality data
- Collect quality metric data
- Aggregate quality measures data to produce organization, practice, provider and even patient-level reports
- Translate aggregate reports to a standard reporting workbook
Get In Touch
Contact our team if you have any questions or want to be added to our mailing list to receive updates on the QIP-NJ program as it evolves.